Microsoft wants you to "Get the Facts Straight"

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 15:30:48 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Fred Roller<froller at tnclimited.com> wrote:

> 3.1 (great because it was relief from cli, despite the constant crashes),

A relief from the CLI? I wasn't in any pain from it, myself. And what
of 3.0 or before?

> 95 (sucked like a vac),

A fine, good, solid release of Windows, a technological tour-de-force
that worked very well and led me to abandon my then-preferred PC OS,
OS/2.

> 98 (good release and a sigh of relief after 95),

Nasty bit of bloatware that caused endless problems. 98SE marginally
better but still crap.

> ME (didn't last 30 days on my system),

Still giving it to people occasionally. Fully patched, it's fine and
its Firewire support is the best of the whole 9x family.

> XP (same as 98, consumers were relieved that it worked),

What no 2000? XP is 2000 plus bloat, to me.

> Vista (disaster, thankfully gave linux a boost in the market to start
> being noticed),

Start? I think it was being noticed already. Still only 1-2% though.

> Window7 (I hear the sigh of relief echoing through the market now.)

From? Win7 is pretty but big and slow - it's not really any quicker
than Vista, as tests show, it just /feels/ quicker and PCs are faster
now than in 2007.

I just thought it was interesting how people's responses differ...

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508