Microsoft wants you to "Get the Facts Straight"

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:46:55 BST 2009

ma, 2009-09-07 kello 22:27 -0300, Derek Broughton kirjoitti:
> John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
>
> > AFAICT, the two big differences between Linux and Windows are:
> > 1) Windows has the advantage that you grab random crap from all over
> > the place and can install it easily.
> > 2) Linux has the advantage that you can't grab random crap from all
> > over the place and install it easily.
>
> ?  Sure you can.  A significant amount of the time spent helping people on
> the user lists is exactly because of that.

I think the point was that "random crap from all over the place" is much
less of a problm with Linux distributions than with Windows. Partly
thanks to the repository system there's less "crap" available and much
of it is more difficult to install - which turns most of the regular
users away.

Ari Torhamo