FCC and the internet

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Oct 23 08:27:51 BST 2009

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Michael wrote:

> Robert Holtzman wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Steve Furbish wrote:
>>

>>> Yet a point that many of you refuse to recognize it the situation faced
>>> by those who, like myself, have negotiated healthcare benefits with our
>>> employers for years at the expense of a higher wage
>>>

>> The vaaaaast majority of people with employer supplied health insurance
>> were not in a position to negotiate for it. They were forced to take
>> what was offered.
>>
>> Your statements imply that you are in a very privileged position and
>> subscribe to the GOP national motto: "I got mine, fuck you."
>
> No, it is more like, "I worked for mine.  Get up of your arse and work
> for yours!"

You've conveniently forgotten a few things. How about the 40 - 50 year
old who has been out of work for a year due to his company downsizing
and/or outsourcing. The one who can't find a job that will let him
support his family. The one who lost his house when his savings were
exhausted. You want him to get up of(sic) his arse and work? You think
he hasn't been trying to find a job? Fortunately, I'm not in that
position having retired some years ago, but I keep thinking "there but
for fortunate timing go I".

You smug sons of bitches making pronouncements from the plantation
veranda give me a pain in the ass.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279