FCC and the internet

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 23 01:04:09 BST 2009

Amedee Van Gasse (ub) wrote:

> On Thu, October 22, 2009 20:05, Douglas Pollard wrote:
>
>>     I wonder what percentage of Governement it will take to manage and
>>     You folks in Europe are paying far mor that the cost of health care
>> by the same hidden cost method.  Insurance companies don't have the
>> ability to hide cost as does government.   Their profits are far cheaper
>> than Government overhead which is not included in their stated costs.

If Europeans (and Canadians) were paying so much more in "hidden" costs, we
wouldn't have any income at all...  The fact is, if you take our taxes, and
your taxes+health insurance payments, we usually come out ahead (of those
Americans with similar health coverage - of course if you choose not to pay
for health insurance, you're way ahead).

> But we have cookies!

I thought cookies were evil?
--
derek