FCC and the internet

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 22:36:41 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Steve Furbish wrote:
>> Yet a point that many of you refuse to recognize it the situation faced
>> by those who, like myself, have negotiated healthcare benefits with our
>> employers for years at the expense of a higher wage
>
> The vaaaaast majority of people with employer supplied health insurance
> were not in a position to negotiate for it. They were forced to take
> what was offered.
>
> Your statements imply that you are in a very privileged position and
> subscribe to the GOP national motto: "I got mine, fuck you."

The GOP seem to be against anything that gives the Average Jane/Joe a
fair break.  Anything that benefits the people they rally against.
They call out for violent opposition of the government (
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/20/pat-buchanan-worries-the_n_327758.html
), and secession from the US (
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/texas-secession-rally-we-hate-usa ).

The point is they have no foothold in reality or morality.  They call
themselves "Christians" but by their own actions and words they show
otherwise.  While not everyone in the GOP is one of these right-wing
crazies the power-base of the GOP is made of these crazies.  Many in
their ranks have direct ties to the KKK and other White Supremacy
groups, and extremist factions of the southern Christian church.  I
consider them far more dangerous to the US than all the terrorists in
the Middle East.

People like Bill Oreilly, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh are just making
things worse.  They're working the crazies up into a frenzy and
eventually something is going to happen, and it will be their fault.
Fox News and the right-wing conservative media will have blood on
their hands.

They're willing to tear down the United States because the current
democratically elected President isn't WHITE.  That is the Truth
behind all of the GOP's opposition to health care reform, and just
about any other policy put forth by the Obama Administration.  In
their minds if you aren't Rich and White you can't be President.

BTW, I'm White ... with a little Cherokee mixed in. ;-)

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home