FCC and the internet

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 22 00:49:15 BST 2009

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:59:14 -0700 (MST)
> Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:
>

>> So you would advocate multiple private entities  enforcing Net
>> Neutrality? <giggle>
>>

> That worked out /so well/ with the financial marketeers regulating
> themselves, didn't it?  It's kind of like the fox guarding the hen
> house, IYKWIM.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

    The wizard has been mislead by his social leaders. The truth of the
matter is that financial marketeers have never been unregulated at least
since the 1930's  .  I am an old fart  and as a young man in the late
1940's Bankruptcy was only to see to it that creditors  got their fair
share at a time when every creditor rushed in to grab all he could get,
leaving most to do without.  Bankruptcy slowly became more and more
about protecting the bankrupt until today when a few people can run a
compny completely broke  and walk off with millions.  MY uncle who owned
a corporation lost his business his, house his bank account  and all his
stock when his company went broke.   Because of Government and its
acceptance of money from corporate bosses the modern day business leader
walks away from a bankruptcy with billions.   It is Government that
gives their favored corporations  monopolies. Unregulated corporations
can only be beholding to thier customers and will in an instant
abandoned by those customers and the corporation will fail  in the so
called New York minute.    If Someone tries to take advantage of his
Internet customers  he will fail as soon as  it has become apparent to
his users.  If that company is beholding to the FCC they will be almost
impossible to get rid of.  They will pay off congressmen in the for of
lobbies and will control th Internet for years.   Some Government entity
has to take control of the Internet in order for Net Neutrality to be in
control of anything. It is the FCC that will do it.  Net Neutrality is a
policy not  a Government controlling organization.  It is the
controlling entity that I fear.
    Today we have Government run Bankruptcy where money is given to
people(unions) who have no leans against the company and taken away from
those who have legal contracts and leans.  The government has taken over
large sections the auto industry and the energy industry, banking,  and
medical care. they now want to control the Internet.   Doesn't anyone
see a pattern here??
    As a Young man I married a fin-lander women (beautiful beyond belief
with high cheekbones and with a figure that would stop traffic.   She
and her family were card carrying communists and I am not kidding.  I
went to meetings became a bit of a sympathizer to later despise the
social left as well as the communists.
    I can tell you this , those of you that are are taking up the lance
of the left politics will find yourselves sorry.  You are being taken
in.  If you want to know about criminality ask and ex criminal to get
your advice. He knows!  Those of you that are conservative in your
thinking don't allow yourself to be brow beaten by the left. They have
no logic and will do their best by the use of slogans and attacks
against your character.  They are not real people and are not truly
educated but have instead been indoctrinated by leftist professors who
care nothing for freedom. I know I have been there!

                Doug