State of Massachusetts / OASIS formats

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 01:51:13 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
>> The post about not being able to access wireless service due to using
>> Linux reminded me of the American state of Massachusetts.  When I do a
>> Google of "Massachusetts proprietary formats", the newest article I can
>> find is four years old.  What ever happened to their attempt to do away
>> with MS Office?
>
> Maybe you can't find anything newer because that's when they were
> successful?  (Hey, a guy can dream...)

I followed this on Digg for while.  Last I heard no final decisions
were ever made.  Micro$oft went to war to try and prevent them from
switching to OpenOffice and very nearly completely derailed the whole
project.  I don't know what stage their in right now though.  I did a
search and still can't find any more up-to-date info.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home