ssh tunnel

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:12:43 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> Steve Reilly wrote:
>
>> well,, i agree, was using my server at home to tunnel, but they blocked
>> the hostname, and ip, thats why im looking for something new....
>
> Surely they'd just do the same to any other host you used, then?  Sounds
> like you seriously need to discuss policy with the firewall administrators.
> [I feel your pain - I have to jump through similar hoops just to be able to
> send email from a client site without masquerading as actually being an
> employee of that client]

That's pretty much what'll happen again.  Best if you talked to the
admins to see what the rules are and see what hoops you need to jump
through to get the access you need.  Anywho, I used to know this email
address to a server that let you send an email with a URL in the
Subject line and it would reply with the text of that webpage.  Used
to use that once upon a time a long time ago when my work didn't have
direct Internet access.  It was awkward, annoying sometimes, but it
worked.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com