Why sounder?

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 17:20:35 BST 2009

Amedee Van Gasse (on Ubuntu mailing lists) wrote:
> On Thu, October 8, 2009 16:34, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Amedee Van Gasse (on Ubuntu mailing lists) wrote:
> >> Why sounder? My question wasn't off topic...
> >
> > If you set a reply-to header for sounder, some folks will follow
> > your desire. Didn't you have a similar problem before?
>
> That only proves that reply-to is broken and people should use
> reply-to-list. It's their problem, not my problem. I was just
> curious.

But why do you set a reply-to header in the first place? And why a
reply-to sounder if you send a message to ubuntu-users? If your mailer
can't work without adding a reply-to header, can't you at least use
individual addresses for each list? I mean, it is not a real problem but
at least a bit confusing.

Nils