More than half of Windows machines are INFECTED with malware

Edward Craig epcraig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 07:50:06 BST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Christopher Chan
<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Michael Haney wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Siggy Brentrup <ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Amedee,
>>>
>>> got it right now ;)

>>> Maybe, if they ever get large enough to really play with the behemoths.
>>>

>> Not likely, there's a little something called the GPL standing in
>> their way of becoming anything even remotely like that.
>>

> I am sorry but that does not make any sense. You do realize that Google
> is coming out with something that uses GPL software right? Their new
> ChromeOS will be using a Linux kernel and I assume a fair bit of GNU
> software too unless they intend to rewrite/create a good portion of what
> goes into their operating system.
The GPL ensures that there can be nothing we can't find in the OS.
Whether we find it in time requires better concealment than I expect
malware authors can commit to. Google might include easter eggs but I
doubt any malware can take advantage.

--
Edward P. Craig
"Think this through with me. Let me know your mind"      Hunter/Garcia