mail to individuals

Odd iodine at runbox.no
Fri Oct 2 20:04:59 BST 2009

Siggy Brentrup wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 15:36 +0200, Odd wrote:
>> Siggy Brentrup wrote:

>>> Args Odd, you're driving me nuts.  Reply-To is to be set by the
>>> original sender of a message to direct private responses to a specific
>>> mail account.
>> 99.99% of users don't care.
>
> So 99.99% of users are wrong, they ressemble lemmings that follow the easy
> way.

Computers are supposed to make things easier for us. If you want
hard, go back to pen and pencil.

> As long as I have a brain to think with, I refuse to join a majority
> on provable issues (even if you call me fascist which in my case would be
> more of an insult than you can imagine).

Why would I call you a fascist? I never call anyone that, except
for the ones that truly deserve it, like neo-nazis and David Irving.

>>> Abusing it by mailing list software as you suggest or
>>> by procmail as Amadee does is still violating the sender's intentions.
>> No. Just a very, very, very small minority that care about such
>> things. 99.99% of senders have no intentions at all with regards
>> to the Reply-TO: header. They don't even know it exists.
>
> Lemmings again.

I think you're a lemming too since you insist on using a computer like
everyone else.

>>> As an example I'm setting it again to redirect responses, and yes
>>> that mailing list is functional - just try it.
>
> Sorry for the mistake, it's only set in my followup.
>
>> It's functional, but does not work at optimum functionality.
>
> This statement tops the other ones in sillyness, you didn't even try that
> list otherwise I as it's owner had seen any attempt to subscribe or post.

Sorry, I mistakenly thought you were talking about this list.

--
Odd