M$ and Unix[tm] [was: Re: mail to individuals]

Siggy Brentrup ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de
Fri Oct 2 03:20:31 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 19:21 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:54:54 +0200
> Siggy Brentrup <ubuntu at psycho.i21k.de> wrote:
>
> > > (so far)
> > sorry, I don't grok this
>
> As I understand it right now, Novell (Microsoft shill?) is trying to
> get the ownership to UNIX, which they claim to already own, having only
> licensed it to SCO (known Microsoft shill) to resell.  The justice
> department so far seems to agree with Novell, but either way it looks
> to me like Microsoft will control UNIX, no matter who is the
> owner-of-record.

In my understanding it's only the Unix[tm] trademark that is disputed
but as always IANAL.  As far as unixoid OSes are concerned, M$ surely
would like to control them but I doubt they'll ever succeed.

Regs
  Siggy
--
O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org+
|14 days until|bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de|