Who's Having A Launch Party?

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Oct 1 16:28:17 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 02:43:42PM +0100, David Gerard wrote:
> 2009/10/1 Chan Chung Hang Christopher <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>:
>
> >> But any Ubuntu advocate should give Windows 7 a run, at the very least
> >> to know what they're talking about.
>
> > What, to get to know Vista with a slightly different interface/experience?
>

> Indeed. How diferent is it to Vista? This is important information to know.

I wish they would put back that 'scan all media files being copied for copyright infringement' code back in. No need to work hard
to convince anyone back then.

> > My line manager felt that Vista was great and what not (I was saying I'd
> > quit the moment the XP boxes are upgraded to Vista) and now he's told me
> > to get rid of it and install XP.
> > Windows 7? Ha...haha....hahahaha....not on your life.
>

> It is of course entirely voluntary ;-) But knowing what one is talking
> about is always useful in advocacy.

I have suffered enough already getting to understand Active Directory, group policies, group policy software installation, sif
files for automated installs of XP. Please! NO MORE!