mail to individuals

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 1 06:22:39 BST 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 00:53:24 -0400
Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Proof of what?  That gmail is broken, too?  Admitted.
>
> Why is this so hard to comprehend and accept?  Just put "Reply-To:
> sounder at lists.ubuntu.com" in the mail headers and every client will
> work just fine.  This is such a simple to understand concept, it
> totally boggles my mind that there are people who don't get it.

and
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html
tell exactly why.  Have you read them yet?  I know they have been
posted previously.

> > But why have you taken this off of Sounder?
> >

> Because Sounder is broken!  Read the above statement.  Accidents like
> that WILL continue until its fixed, or do you enjoy getting emails
> sent directly to you instead of the list?

In view of the fact that you have now sent private email from me to the
list (and, strangely, not to me, personally) and the fact that it
is /your/ mistake, not mine, I suggest that you do your due diligence
and read the above links, then get your own emailing habits in order
whether by using better discipline or another client.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136