forward thinking about the UI

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:54:34 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Harold Sawyer <hrsawyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you are talking about
>> the window decorations and buttons (maximize, restore, minimize and
>> close) they were a part of the original Macintosh operating system a
>> long time ago, and were later copied by Microsoft for their early
>> Windows releases (1.0 - 3.11).
>>
> You are so right.  I used to live in the SF Bay Area and had friends
> who worked for Apple at the time.  They were all excited about being
> tapped for improving the usability of the Apple.  Normal, everyday,
> workers at Apple.
>
> Then MS did it's best to copy the easy interface.  Remember Dos and
> batch file menus????
>
> Harold

I remember those days.  Made some elaborate ones for a custom boot
disk for loading different configurations for some of the games I had
instead of making a different boot disk for each game separately.
Took a while to get it to work right.

Those were the days.  People who never used computers during the old
DOS days have no idea how good they've got it with modern day
operating systems that have advanced memory management and
standardized internal APIs for hardware access.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home