[ANNOUNCE] Fwd: Code of conduct and sounder@

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 00:59:31 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Odd <iodine at runbox.no> wrote:
>> Sounder was the original "insiders" list when we started Ubuntu. The
>> goal of the list was to have a forum to bounce ideas around about the
>>  whole project. We have ambitious goals, and we wanted a place where
>> good thinking could happen.
>
> Interesting. So the whole point of this group has been misunderstood by
> almost everyone, it seems.

maybe that was the original purpose of the list, but once the last
Sounder release was in the past, and Warty was finally released, the
tone of the list slowly changed to other topics, which was then
reflected in the description of the list:

"Anything goes Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list"
 (https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/sounder)

Back then it was still a smaller group on this list, and Ubuntu was
not well known, and any mention of Ubuntu in a web site was worthy
enough of a post on the list, alongside whatever other discussions we
had at the time.

Since then the tone of the list has gone back and forth, the traffic
gone up and down, but I suspect a lot of us are still subscribed to
the list.  And personally I still find the odd interesting bit of info
out of all these posts.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille