9.10 Very impressed with video performance

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 06:27:21 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Carl Friis-Hansen
<ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com> wrote:
> I just installed 9.10 on two computers today and what a performance
> boost on the video!
> glxgears gone op from 150fps to 2400fps and from 250fps to nearly
> 7000fps.
> It is much more satisfying to browse the net now and videos have become
> a smooth ride.

DOH!  Sorry for the direct email.  This has gone beyond annoying, I
forgot to change the address to sounder again.

This is probably hoping for too much but how is Flash Video
performance in 9.10?  Is it improved any?  I've never had problems
playing Divx, XVID, H.264 .mp4 and .mov files in previous versions of
Ubuntu.  DVDs even played rather well.

But, Flash Video performance sucks something awful.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home