Karmic Epiphany Annoyances

David Sanders dsuzukisanders at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:19:30 GMT 2009

Hi All,

If, like me, you were a happy user of the Gecko-based Epiphany browser
before Karmic release, you´ll now be a very unhappy user of the highly
shoddy WebKit version, which has bugs exploding from its body in John
Carpenter style.

So, I noted that Galeon (the previous ¨official¨ gnome browser) is
still in Universe, and installed it. Apart from the lack of
¨awesomebar¨ you´ll be hard pressed to notice any difference to
Epiphany, apart from that it uses Gecko, and thus sites work as
expected, and the Global Menu behaves as such.

Hurrah!