Software patents

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 04:18:46 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is hope, the Supreme Court is supposed to make a decision on
> what can and cannot be patented.  Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, the
> Justices and Supreme Justice have some brains and realize that
> Software is NOT patentable and invalidates them all.

Based on what's been in the proceedings so far, I think they're pretty
likely to do their best to restrict the decision to business methods.
Invalidating software patents would be a sea change of a scale I think
the court wants to avoid.

Nonetheless, this wouldn't impact installation of proprietary software.