Linux Magazine Criticizes Karmic

Harold Sawyer hrsawyer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 17:52:29 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Odd <iodine at runbox.no> wrote:

> I didn't know about that before I upgraded my laptop. Luckily I haven't
> seen that particular problem. But annoyingly, wireless does not work
> anymore. I haven't researched the bug much yet though. Perhaps it's
> an easy fix.

Had that happen a few years ago when upgrading a laptop.  Had to go
back to the LTS release for a couple of months till that was fixed.
Tried all sorts of stuff with ndiswrapper, etc. and nothing would do
the job for some reason.  Didn't have the patience to do a kernel.
After all Ubuntu means "I'm tired of compiling Gentoo".  I read that
somewhere :-) .

--
Harold Sawyer
www.centralconnecticutwcg.org