Linux Magazine Criticizes Karmic

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 16:11:12 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I read a Linux Magazine article @
> http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7600/1.html called "Hey Ubuntu, Stop
> Making Linux Look Bad".  Has anyone else seen this article?  I've
> heard through other sources that Karmic has a lot of technical issues,
> most new Ubuntu releases do have a few, but nothing on this scale.
> Also, I've noticed the number of emails on the Ubuntu Support list
> have doubled recently.
>
> What do you think?  Lets share out thoughts on this.

Unfortunately, no matter the context, whichever/whoever is perceived
to be the one out in front is the one that gets shot at. I hope nobody
TRULY expects Ubuntu to be flawless, but within the Ubuntu arena,
those afraid of the "bleeding edge" should stick to LTS releases to
minimize the pain.

Ubuntu has been very good about supporting LTS releases. I have a PPC
system running Dapper, and it is still getting security updates.

P.S.: The article exhibits several logical flaws, as others have
pointed out. I hope the author recognizes the flaws and strives to
improve. As can we all!