Linux Magazine Criticizes Karmic

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 12:54:11 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Florian Diesch <diesch at spamfence.net> wrote:
> Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I read a Linux Magazine article @
>> http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7600/1.html called "Hey Ubuntu, Stop
>> Making Linux Look Bad".  Has anyone else seen this article?  I've
>> heard through other sources that Karmic has a lot of technical issues,
>> most new Ubuntu releases do have a few, but nothing on this scale.
>> Also, I've noticed the number of emails on the Ubuntu Support list
>> have doubled recently.
>>
>> What do you think?  Lets share out thoughts on this.
>
> In <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1316155> aysiu compares
> forum polls about the last five releases and concludes:
>
> "So actually if you do take these polls at face value, they show Karmic
> to be the best (at least out of the last five) Ubuntu release, not the
> worst."

Ubuntu has been placed on such a high pedestal that many were
expecting Karmic to be a "perfect" release, or the "Jesus" of Linux
distros.  Reality never came into the equation, that no matter how
hard you try no new OS release will come without its quirks.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home