Automounting of additional partitions on local hard disks not working in Karmic - regression?

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:37:19 GMT 2009

ke, 2009-11-04 kello 19:26 +0100, Martin Pitt kirjoitti:

>    I agree that there should be a way to say "always mount this", but
>    GNOME doesn't currently provide one.

Thanks for clarifying the situation. I'm also glad to hear a developer's
opinion of the matter.

> sounder@ isn't the right forum for this, though. This should be
> discussed in a bug report.

My intention was to ask in ubuntu-users, but for some reason I seem to
have sent the message to sounder :-/ I didn't want to make a bug report
right away, because I wanted to get a better idea of what's going on
first. I thought that perhaps current mount behaviour brings some
important advantages which I'm not aware of - or something :-) It also
seems to me now, that most developers must be well aware of the
situation, which would make it sort of accepted. Or perhaps many are
annoyed and a little spark is all that's needed to ignite the fire of
dissatisfaction :-)

I'll file a bug report... or submit to brainstorm.

Thanks,

Ari