News: "New Windows 7 hack purports to be "unfixable""

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:50:43 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:

> Op dinsdag 28-04-2009 om 00:57 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef David
> Gerard:
> > (I think you can PXE-boot anything.)
>
> Boot, probably yes--use after boot, not everything...
>

> --
> Jan Claeys

As long as your bios supports it and is enabled as first boot you can PXE
boot.  Then it all depends on what OS you are running in the pre-boot
environment.  There are some tools that allow you to make changes to the
production operating system in the pre-boot environment.  Then you can do
just about anything to the machine.