Is anyone switching from MySQL?

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Fri May 1 12:16:45 BST 2009

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Scott wrote:
>     With the uncertain future of MySQL due to Oracle's purchase

Why uncertain?

Occasionally I have to purchase washing-powder in the supermarket.

There are over 100 choices, big, small, medium, tablet, powders, liquids,
tabs, colourfast, bio, non-bio, extra whitening, ...

I have a huge choice.

I check the packets and I find out that my "choice" (of brands, shapes,
sizes and price ranges) is infact only a choice between Uniliver, or
Proctor & Gamble; nevermind if the name starts with 'A', 'F', or 'P'.

Some people will always want a database that begins with 'M', 'O', or 'P',
and the secret to ensuring that you always get their business is to provide
support for all three.

So, why the uncertainity?  (You have the source-code to MySQL).

	-Paul
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three.  Somewhere, GB.