A couple of rants about Launchpad

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Wed Mar 18 12:37:18 GMT 2009

> Me no understand. You can't do LVM/RAID mixes for preseeding and this
> means no Ubuntu on the desktop? What are you using that can do LVM on
> RAID and why do desktops need it?

Yeah, I took too long trying to solve an unsolvable problem because I
assumed that it was possible and it would be funny if I now backtracked
and told the management that I cannot do lvm on raid and therefore
cannot meet the installation criteria that I myself told them they would
be getting.

I initially had Centos 5 no problemo, anaconda installs LVM on RAID
without problems besides the fact that kickstart files require far less
knowledge/whatever than preseed files used by d-i...the only problem was
that Centos 5 was a real poor platform for running Windows desktop
guests or you could just say I hate a non native solution like Xen.

So there you have it. As for why do desktops need raid, that has been
answered already.