Carla Schroder leaves Ubuntu for PCLinuxOS

Manish Sinha manishsinha.tech at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:27:13 BST 2009

On Thursday 18 June 2009 05:05 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> I've tried W7 RC on 2 PCs with 1GB RAM and it's sluggish on both. VERY
> slow to boot and rather unresponsive. My suspicion is it needs 3G+ RAM
> &  a multicore processor to shine. Certainly it's /vastly/ bigger,
> slower&  less efficient than Ubuntu.

Windows 7 works on 1GB but doesn't give optimum performance. Still fine
to use. I have tried it on Intel Core 2 Duo processor and it works fine.
On my laptop with single core with 2GB RAM, it doesn't work properly. I
can just make a guess that it's requirement is more of processor than RAM.

Hope you can comment on my experience.

--
Manish Sinha