Carla Schroder leaves Ubuntu for PCLinuxOS

Harold Sawyer hrsawyer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:36:52 BST 2009

I use Audacity and Firefox.  I have not found any of these problems.
Maybe she didn't have enough memory or not enough swap.  Everything
need tons of memory, both real and virtual nowdays.  XP and Vista are
much worse.  Haven't wondered from Ubuntu for a few years, so I can't
compare there.

Windows 7 RC does things with much less memory.  Swapping hogs the CPU
as well as drive access.  This is a problem with all OS's from my
perspective.

Harold Sawyer

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM, David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2009-06-16-031-35-OS-UB&tbovrmode=3
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6775/1/
>
> Anyone seen the issues she describes? The Firefox rendering one is
> particularly odd. (Does FF on Ubuntu use its own Cairo or the distro
> lib?)
>

> - d.

Harold Sawyer
www.centralconnecticutwcg.org