Why Linux is not (yet) ready for the desktop

Brian Fahrlander wheeldweller at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 17:43:34 BST 2009

Goh Lip wrote:
> Good! I think it's important we have some sense of humour without
> upsetting other people's value beliefs. More nonsense to ponder...

    Ya know, we *used* to be able to say what we meant; then came the
Clinton Administration, where you were no longer "short", a term
unchanged for centuries, but instead "height challenged" a term that
spoke of the short person in terms of someone needing governmental
assistance. Oh, the focus groups!

    I don't try to offend. If I do, I apologize. I don't need the
acceptance of a fascist government doctrine to speak.
> God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?
>
> “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not
> omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he
> both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor
> willing? Then why call him God?”
>
> -----Epicurus
>
> To faith only the holy is true, to knowledge only the true is holy.
>   -- L. Feuerbach
>

> To the faithful, no explanation is necessary;
> To the faithless, no explanation is possible.
>
> There was a Door to which I found no Key:
> There was a Veil past which I could not see:
> Some little Talk awhile of Me and Thee
> There seemed--and then no more of Thee and Me.
>                                        ------- Omar Khayyam
>
> Regards,

    Ya know, seriously, if we keep tacking this way, we really need to
move this thread.

    Sure, Sounder's been quiet for quite a while, but it won't help
anyone with Ubuntu to come here and read this very-off-topic, yet
interesting discussion.

 Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
 Evansville, IN
 ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller