ACH transactions

Ignazio Palmisano ignazio_io at yahoo.it
Sat Jul 25 23:30:57 BST 2009

Graham Todd wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:38:09 +0100
> Chris Rees <utisoft at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> And actually, I think of myself as European, as do most of the people
>> I know
> [snipped]
>
> Most of the people I know think themselves governed by a European
> Parliament , or that the British Parliament has become subsidiary, and
> given up its sovereignty to the European Parliament.  The majority of
> people I know would wish that sovereignty would return to the British
> Parliament at Westminster (though I am not one of them).

:D given the powers of the European Parliament, one may argue that
Westminster never resigned sovereignity... I listened to a very good
argument about that, I guess it was on BBC Breakfast, about many
regulations being passed by the EU and accepted without discussion by
the british parliament. The speaker argued: let's go see these
regulations, 90% of them are common sense stuff, the kind of things that
the national government should have done anyway, and in most cases had
already in place. So what kind of sovereignity has been lost?

I. (italian working in UK and paying Her Majesty taxes :P d**n never had
to do that at home!)