This place sure goes in "spurts"

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 22 06:07:33 BST 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 23:43:10 -0500
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 14:04:20 +1000
> Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > This is one of the reasons that very few 'mystics' discuss their
> > experiences. Some have written about them, but the most famous (or
> > infamous, depending on your viewpoint) examples are mediæval, because
> > the Middle Ages were, well, like that, you know...
>
> Totally tripped out on ergot?
>
>   ;-]

Quite possibly :) But hey, "Take LSD, and See" (showing my age here)

Also, mediæval mystics used to fast for long periods, which also
induces hallucinatory states. The question though, is whether these
were "Good trips" or "Bad trips", and if the experiences were positive
in the sense, for example, that Huxley's experiments with
mescalin/peyote/lsd produced some fascinating insights. See for example
"The Doors of Perception".

BTW I used to run marathons - we were
totally tripped out on endorphins, supposedly ;) So much for Frank
Shorter *g*

Peter
--
"INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 8.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net