This place sure goes in "spurts"

David Sanders dsuzukisanders at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:00:11 BST 2009

2009/7/20 Ian L. Target <ian69 at comcast.net>:
> Liam Proven wrote:
>>
>> /me wonders if some old guard Republicans somewhere are working on
>> cloning Adolf Hitler and Herman Göbbels for his running-mate...
>>
> With this post, the thread as officially deteriorated to the point of
> worthlessness.
>
> See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

I'm not a believer in Godwin's "Law" (or as it should be rightly
known: Godwin's completely unqualified theorem). Why is mentioning
Hitler a self-destruction of an argument? Are we merely to accept that
no modern leader can be held to comparison? I'm sure the > 5% of the
Iraqi population systematically killed over the last 20 years would
disagree.

Godwin Schmodwin IMO.