Some thoughts about anti-virus software for Linux

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sat Jan 24 23:03:24 GMT 2009

I don't think this is quite right.

Simplifying things, let's consider all the positions of all atoms as points in a simple cartesian space.  This can be expressed in binary, then compressed and you get one very long binary string.  Consider that as a fraction (put 0. in front of it) and place three atoms such that the fraction of the distances between them is that fraction and hey presto!

Obviously this fails for a number of reasons but the point is there are more ways to represent things than you may at first think (in this case assuming infinite space).

Sorry for the top post (sent from a crap phone).

Pete