QT LGPL'ed (Was: Including shared libraries in a package)

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Thu Jan 15 13:24:36 GMT 2009

John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> (From ubuntu-devel) As an aside, I imagine that once QT is LGPL'ed the
> need for multiple versions off QT for licensing purposes would be
> reduced.
	I was interested in what the LGPL for QT would mean.  I am starting to
get better at programming and soon will want to decide on which graphics
toolkit to learn.

	I have always feared the restrictions on the QT and wounder what this
changes.  I mean, are you now allowed to sell something written with Qt
as long as you give the source code away without paying any fees?  When
you write something with Qt how is your program restricted and when
would you pay the fees?

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 8.10