Netbook Remix launcher

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:12:45 GMT 2009

2009/1/14 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>:
> On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 01:13 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
>> I don't much like Evolution as an email client, but I can't simply
>> remove it all, because components ranging as deep as the GNOME Panel
>> itself depend on it.
>
> Not true AFAIK. You can remove the packages evolution, evolution-common,
> evolution-exchange, evolution-webcal, and evolution-plugins.

I know this, I've done it. :¬)

> Only evolution-data-server needs to be installed for the Gnome panel
> integration (well, and contact-lookup-applet won't work I guess).

Precisely. In other words, one cannot completely remove Evolution
without breaking GNOME. Which was my point.

> A google search for evolution AND remove AND ubuntu yields 346,000 hits,
> #3 is https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/13163

The fact that this is well-known does not excuse it. I was attempting
to highlight the issue.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508