Restricted modules in Ubuntu

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Wed Jan 14 07:36:00 GMT 2009

Brian Fahrlander schrieb:
[...]
>     What we need to learn here is: Ogg. Free formats that'll stay that
> way. If everyone pushed, it'd be planet-wide...

Yes. The point is, however, that most people don't really know or care about
these issues. :( Looking at the "mainstream market", MP3 is not just a
de-facto standard but also, it seems, common language in use for any kind of
digitally compressed audio files. A lot of folks I know of do refer to their
audio player as an "mp3" player even though they are mainly using it to play
proprietary wma files which eventually are even worse. It seems same as
about operating systems: "Operating System? What's that?!" ... :/

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink