Lawrence Lessig on the Colbert Report

Brian Fahrlander wheeldweller at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 04:49:22 GMT 2009

Senectus . wrote:
> 2009/1/10 Brian Fahrlander <wheeldweller at gmail.com
> <mailto:wheeldweller at gmail.com>>
>

>       If you see a snippet of this on YouTube, let me know.
>

> Try this link
> http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/215454/january-08-2009/lawrence-lessig
   Ugh. I have a hard time listening to that stuff.

   Colbert, Stewart, SNL, all of these are the distant end of what used
to be jornalism. Programs like this, despite being funny so rarely, have
managed to become the shows-of-choice among Homer Simpsons who now doing
the president-picking. And WOW did the last set of choices stink.

    More to the point, while Lessig was able to open Colbert's eyes in a
couple of places, but it's kinda like advertising during a can-can: most
people won't notice. Is there any chance to get him on a Punjabi
breakfast show like GoodMorningIndia?  :>

    Seriously; he should consider serious venues where the audience
isn't a jello-shot away from blood poisoning: try Fox News or any of the
Talk Radio hosts. At least there he'll get a fair hearing and not have
to wear any funny hats or be made to look stupid.  He has a valid idea;
I hope he won't sully it with such dubious venus.

 Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
 Evansville, IN                               http://CounterMoon.org/bio
 ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller