[OT] command of English by non-native speakers

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 8 15:45:35 GMT 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:17:06 +0100 (CET)
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)" <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

> On Mon, December 7, 2009 22:08, Mark Miller wrote:
> > I must have misunderstood the idea behind sounder; I would have
> > thought it impossible to be OT on a list that invites people like
> > me to spout off.
>
> I consider this a list on non-technical topics about Ubuntu, Linux,
> and geekdom in general. Playing with language is a typical geek
> thing, so it's not too far off topic.

According to my read of the sign-up page (here's a quote: "Anything goes
Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list") there isn't anything
that is off-topic if we Ubuntu-users wish to discuss it.

Isn't that what, "anything goes," means?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136