Sounder mailing list etiquette and future direction

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 5 02:03:33 GMT 2009

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 01:36:56 +0100 (CET)
"Amedee Van Gasse (ub)" <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

> If you are an atheist, does that mean that you can give an exact
> description of what you don't believe in?

Yes, anything imaginable that is ultimately unprovable.

> Can you make a mental image
> of whatever you deny the existence of?

No, how may I have a mental image of that which does not exist?

> "imagining" is a cognitive
> process that is fundamental to the concept of "believing".
> I find it illogical to be able to imagine something and at the same
> time deny the existence of your own mental processes.

Fully agree.

> Personally I
> can't even understand that dictionary entry, on philosophical and
> linguistic grounds.
>
> And I don't feel comfortable discussing such topics in a language that
> isn't my own. You have an unfair advantage over me.

Here I can't blame you.  At least you have a command of another
language (and a good one, might I add).  I couldn't even begin to do
likewise.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326