Sounder mailing list etiquette and future direction

Samuel Thurston, III sam.thurston at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 00:43:16 GMT 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Amedee Van Gasse (ub)
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> If you are an atheist, does that mean that you can give an exact
> description of what you don't believe in? Can you make a mental image of
> whatever you deny the existence of? "imagining" is a cognitive process
> that is fundamental to the concept of "believing".

As an Atheist, I don't believe in anything which I would have to
imagine in this pure isolated way.  I don't believe in things for
which there is not evidence other than anecdotal account.

Incidentally this includes purely theoretical science.  I might think
it's probable, but not believe in it.