Is anyone switching from MySQL?

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Sun Apr 26 02:12:09 BST 2009

    With the uncertain future of MySQL due to Oracle's purchase I am
thinking about using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL for my PHP
applications.  I am still fairly new to database programming so I was
thinking about changing now should be easier than waiting to see what
happens.  I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking anything
similar and if anyone haves any words of wisdom or suggestions.

    If possible, I don't want to start a flame war.  Personally, I have no
special connection or love for MySQL and have only briefly looked at
PostgrSQL.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 9.04