Apple Watch - Enterprises Chucking Windows Choose Macintosh?

Bill Cairns Bill.Cairns at eskom.co.za
Tue Apr 14 10:35:56 BST 2009

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE
which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice

<1239657108.6589.47.camel at saeko.local>, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be>

http://blogs.eweek.com/applewatch/content/mac_os_x/enterprises_chucking_windo

> ws_choose_macintosh.html
>> >
>> > of cause stats are stats are stats
>
>>     Well, Linux has a couple of disadvantages:
>>
>>     1. Preload. Most people will buy whatever comes on the machine.

>> People don't expect a fish patty on a Whopper.
>
> An enterprise IT department that uses the default OS pre-install
that
> comes on a PC?  I don't think many do that...

Most large enterprises (and even some smaller ones) will have their
supplier preload their PCs with the enterprise's image. It would make
little difference to the logistics whether the OS was Windows or Linux.
Of course, Linux is much easier to lock down than Windows.