OT: printer support [was: Re: Should I add this Repo?]

charlie derr cderr at simons-rock.edu
Tue Oct 28 19:40:05 GMT 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>
>> If something had broke, I'm sure the list would have told me who to blame
>> without a doubt.  Agreed? But break things on other systems? Hard for me
>> to even conceive what it could break on other systems.
>
> Then you probably shouldn't be doing it...

OK, first of all, apologies to Derek for responding directly but I wasn't sure he would be subscribed to sounder and this has
drifted so far off-topic that the protection that the [OT] provides isn't enough for my conscience to allow me to clutter up
ubuntu-user with more nonsense.

What shouldn't Leonard be doing?   I'm really missing the point here (and fear it may truly be lost by now).  I'm confused about
how Leonard avoiding various dangerous --force-xxx options could possibly prevent him from damaging anything but the machine he's
executing these commands on.  Or is the worry that discussing it on the list as a potential fix will lead someone else to possibly
try the same command (and break their own machine)?  Even should we accept that as a possibility, I'm not sure how anyone could
possibly blame Leonard.

	eagerly waiting an explanation,
		~c