How do GNOME improvments get "approved"?

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Thu Mar 27 05:05:50 GMT 2008

Say for example..

1.I'm a propeller-head kinda guy and I've written some GTK apps in the
past.

2. I come up with with something that I think will be a good feature for
the next version of GNOME.

3. I write the application & release the source code under the GPL.

4. The powers that be in GNOME looked upon the code saw that it was good.

5. It becomes a new feature in the next version in GNOME.

5. I remain the app's sole maintainer/bug fixer (till the time that
somebody else decides they want to contribute to it also).

NOW THEN....

Who says that I can be it's sole developer once it's officially part of
the overall much bigger project known as GNOME (this does in fact occur
for those who aren't aware. Keep in mind I'm going it alone because
nobody else is chipping in to help out at this point)?

Nevertheless it's part of GNOME. Who do I answer to?

I certainly just can't say "I'm gonna add this to GNOME regardless of how
anybody else feels about it". Or can I?

BTW, this would be an "official" part of GNOME (as official as say gedit
or gnome-appearance-properties).

Curiously,

--
            Scott