Intrepid: where are the finalized specs ?

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon Jun 9 02:53:21 BST 2008

Op zondag 08-06-2008 om 20:28 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Cyrus Jones:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:
> > Reply-to-list & reply-to-all are 2 completely different things: the
> > first one mails to the list, the second one mails to all (or most of)
> > the people listed in the headers (which might or might not include the
> > list).
>
> I understand the differences. The problem is that sounder, unlike the
> other non-announce Ubuntu mailing lists (i.e. other discussion mailing
> lists) is set up in such a way that reply-to-list sends two emails to
> the person you are replying to.

So, you just got 2 mails from me?  I'm sure you didn't...  ;-)

> In email clients, reply-to-list makes the "To" line the person you are
> replying to, and CC's the list. With the exception of sounder,
> non-announce Ubuntu mailing lists are setup to prevent duplicate
> copies of an email by only sending an email to mailing list
> subscribers if the subscriber is not on the "To" line of the email.
>
> Guess reply-to-list won't work with sounder.

No, in real e-mail clients, reply-to-list uses the List-Post header and
doesn't even look at the To or CC or other similar headers (they use
those for reply-to-all though).

(And if you want to discuss this further, I suggest we do that in
private; that's where I've set the Reply-To header...)

--
Jan Claeys