Ubuntu review: Worst game ever

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 22:15:15 BST 2008

su, 2008-06-08 kello 22:09 +0300, Dotan Cohen kirjoitti:
> 2008/6/8 Ari Torhamo <ari.torhamo at gmail.com>:
> >> That spoils the joke. There were more than enough hints that the post
> >> is a joke. He mentioned that he lost almost all his Hotmail emails.
> >> How is that tied to the OS? He also calls Ubuntu a game, and also
> >> refers to it as an OS when telling us to buy Windows. The "j/k" tag
> >> would have killed it.
> >
> > How could the joke have been spoiled, if there were more than enough
> > hints already?
> >

> You take a girl out. You smile and laugh at her jokes. You pay for the
> food. You initiate a kiss. You do not say outright "I am doing all
> that I can think of to become familiar with your cervix this evening".
> That would spoil it.

Your example is nice, although I can't see what it proves in this case.
People often start telling jokes by saying "have you heard this one...",
or something similar, so everybody knows that what follows is a joke,
but nothing is spoilt. Could you elaborate? And if you read my previous
comment carefully, you'll notice that I suggested revealing the
joke/funny-imitation-of-a-confused-person in the end. You don't suggest
that being told about a joke afterwards could spoil it for anyone?
(Hint: if you don't notice a joke, telling about it afterwards is the
only chance for the funny (?) guy to get you to laugh at all).

Ari

P.S. We probably couldn't be much more off-topic than we are now, so
I'll also send this to sounder, where we'd be best to continue - if we
aren't finished yet :-)