Wireless before the fact

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:41:19 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Allen Meyers <chef11994 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Along with endeavoring to overcome my linux learning curve I am wanting to
> go wireless, but before investing I would like to know if there is a way, a
> resource I might explore to determine if this older laptop with wireless
> will be recognized by linux and Ubuntu 8.04
> My first post so go easy on an old old man

The first thing I would try is to boot the laptop with a LiveCD and
see if everything, works, including wireless.

Not sure what are the minimum requirements nowadays for ram for the
LiveCD, but that may be a problem if your laptop is very old, and
doesn't have a lot of ram in it.   I know that the live CD was having
problems on the 256mb laptop I had.

--
Daniel Robitaille
    http://friendfeed.com/robitaille