Linus Torvalds says Linux kernel will remain GPL v2

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 04:57:04 GMT 2008

Well, you'll never see me posting shortened URLs.
...or following the RFC, for that matter. In my opinion, the job of making
long lines look nice should be handled by the viewer (the mail program in
this case) and only the viewer. Data should not be mangled for the sake of
human readability, because it is good for way more than just direct human
consumption. (As any good search engine can tell us -- Google Books Search
is a neat example, where it finds popular passages and says where they have
been quoted).

That is also my philosophy with code, which may explain why I can never seem
to create tidy patches :P
Still, I think it is an intuitive way to go, and would make sense if there
were text editors making such code look "normal" to the crazy
space-indenters out there.

Bye,
-Dylan McCall