Linus Torvalds says Linux kernel will remain GPL v2

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 05:04:42 GMT 2008

Linus makes a really good point in his interview in OpenVoices (new Linux
Foundation web log) about why changing to GPL 3 would be extremely
difficult. He also makes an important point that GPL 3, being only forwards
compatible, is doing exactly what GPL should not be doing: Splitting free
software into different camps. It will be a long while before either big or
old libraries can be used in GPL 3 software.

http://www.linux-foundation.org/weblogs/openvoices

Bye,
-Dylan McCall