Link: Yahoo caught censoring Open Sauce

Vadim Peretokin vperetokin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 00:08:20 GMT 2008

I can't quite afford to fund that for the entire Pidgin userbase (196,235+
for Ubuntu alone). :/

If there was some pledge fund setup, I'd gladly contribute though.

I actually looked around, because voice/video is quite easily the most
wanted option in Pidgin, and came across this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/34

I got sick after reading this part:" For the last time, if you are not a
Pidgin developer or patch writer, *DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME BY COMMENTING ON
THIS TICKET.". This says two things to me - given that Pidgin developers
clearly don't want to implement this, since they see no need for this,
they're also refusing to let users come up with a solution. Way to go, guys.
It looks like they're bickering over what to use for display, also.

Someone setup a confundos project though (
http://www.cofundos.org/project.php?id=89), so with any luck we might push
something out.